Thai chicken larb salad
Posted on December 08 2020
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 500 gm chicken mince
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 8 cos lettuce leaves
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger, plus 2 additional cut julienne to garnish
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 small fresh red chillies, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts plus additional to garnish
- 2 Tbsp chopped mint
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander leaves, plus additional to garnish
Handy tip: If you would like to have a heartier meal, you can add some rice and either serve on the side or stir through the salad and it will taste delicious!
- Heat the oil in a medium sized fry pan, once hot add the chicken mince and water, stir the chicken until nice and tender
- Once it is cooked, remove from heat and then stir in the lime juice and the chillies. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine the chicken mixture with the sliced onion, shallots, nuts, ginger, mint and coriander in a bowl.
- Serve chicken salad over lettuce. To garnish sprinkle additional nuts, ginger and coriander over the top.