2 Dec 2020
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
* 60 gm unsalted butter, softened
* 2 garlic cloves
* 2 tsp lemon juice
* 1/4 cup chopped basil (plus extra for garnish)
* 250 gms cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
* 400 gm linguini
* 1 Tbsp olive oil
* 4 bacon rashers, chopped
* 500 gm green prawn meat
Handy tip: We love Pastabilities fresh linguine, spaghetti is also great.
Bacon is optional. You can also stir through baby spinach and sprinkle parmesan on top.
Feel free to add chilli if you like it fiery!
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil
2. Meanwhile combine the butter, garlic, lemon and basil in a mortar and pestle (or just combine it with a fork in a bowl)
3. In a large deep frypan heat up some oil on a medium heat. Cook the bacon for 2 minutes before adding the cherry tomatoes. Then cook for a further 3 minutes or until the bacon is crisp, and the tomatoes soften, stirring occasionally. Once ready, place on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
4. Meanwhile cook pasta in the large pan of boiling water as per instructions and drain when ready
5. Return the pan to heat and melt half the butter. Add the prawns and stir for 2-3 minutes, until the prawns are just cooked. Add the drained pasta to the frypan with the bacon, tomatoes and the rest of the butter.
6. Toss together with salt, pepper and serve with the extra basil on top.
25 Nov 2020
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
* 1 mango (chopped and frozen)
* 1 banana (chopped and frozen)
* 2 passionfruit
* 360 gm natural yoghurt (can use low-fat or Greek)
* 1/4 cup of almond milk (or milk of choice)
* 1 tsp toasted desiccated coconut
* 3 tsp pepitas
* 2 tsp flaked almonds (can use slithered almonds, or crushed whole almonds)
Handy tip: Pre-cut the banana and mango and freeze in advance so this can become a quick go-to breakfast.
1. Take the fruit out of the freezer and place in the food processor along with the yoghurt and milk. Process until it becomes smooth (careful not to blend it for too long as will turn to froth). If needed add an extra splash of milk.
2. Once the smoothie is nice and smooth, split between 2 serving bowls
3. Top each bowl with the almonds on one side, coconut in a line next toit and then the pepitas
4. Lastly scoop the passionfruit pulp and place it on top of the lastside of the yoghurt
Preparation Time: 10 minutes (plus freezing time; overnight or 3-5 hours minimum)